Masks Policy: Disposable masks are optional at the spa. You can change into a medical mask or bring in your own cloth mask. Hand sanitizer is available at the door and hands must be cleaned before and after touching your mask or your face. Please let us know if you have any allergies or medical conditions that we need to be aware of.
Cold & Flu Policy: If you develop cold-like symptoms and/or a cough we must reschedule your appointment and we will waive the cancellation policy.
Cancellation Policy: Your treatment time is reserved just for you and in order for us to provide all our clients with the highest-quality service, Emerald Day spa asks that you provide a minimum of 12 hours notice if you are unable to keep your appointment. Failure to do so will result in a 50% late cancellation charge. Thank you for your understanding.
What we are doing to keep you safe: I had conversations with professionals from the Health Protection and Environment Services, Service BC, and WorkSafe BC. They have all ensured me that we are using the most current and best practices possible at Emerald Day Spa.
Things that haven’t changed:
- Hand sanitizer is administered upon the client’s arrival.
- PreEmpt products used for sanitation, disinfection, and sterilization of tools, equipment, surfaces, chairs, treatment tables, light switches, doors, handles, and common areas.
- Common areas and treatment rooms sanitized and disinfected after every client.
- Estheticians and Body Therapists have an extra 15 minutes allotted between clients to thoroughly sanitize and disinfect all contact points.
- Nail files, buffers, and orange wood sticks, (anything that cannot be properly sterilized) are disposed of into the bin.
- Pedicure bowls are sanitized and disinfected after every client.
- All semi-critical and critical instruments, (tools) are sterilized with CS20 sterilant.
- All critical instruments, such as lancets, needles, and blades ARE NEVER REUSED and are disposed into a sharps disposable container.
- Estheticians wearing gloves.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate, (Tanya).
- Chocolates and complimentary tea and Kombucha.
Things that are different:
- Staff have taken a specific COVID-19 educational class, an industry-regulated BeautySafe course, and have updated the PreEmpt sanitation, disinfectant, and sterilization course.
- Staff schedules have been adjusted to accommodate the new protocols.
What we are asking you to do to help us:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early and remain in your car or outside the building until your appointment time.
- No pets in the spa.
- Reschedule your appointment if you are sick.
Thank you all for your ongoing support!
Emerald Day Spa