Masks Policy: Disposable masks are optional at the spa. You can change into a medical mask or bring in your own cloth mask. Hand sanitizer is available at the door and hands must be cleaned before and after touching your mask or your face. Please let us know if you have any allergies or medical conditions that we need to be aware of.
Cold & Flu Policy: If you develop cold-like symptoms, we must reschedule your appointment.
Your treatment time is reserved just for you, for us to provide you and all our clients with the highest-quality service, we ask that you provide a credit card payment and/or deposit at the time of your booking to hold your appointment spot.
- Clients having treatment 2 hours or less are required to give 24 hours’ notice (1 day before treatment), by 5 pm, during business hours, to cancel their appointment.
- Couples’ treatment clients and clients having a service 2 hours or longer are required to give 48 hours’ notice (2 days before treatment), by 5 pm, during business hours, to cancel their appointment.
- Couples’ treatment and appointments two (2) hours or longer in length are required to make a deposit of 50% of the treatment cost. The payment will be automatically charged to your credit card at the time of booking.
- Clients are required to email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel their appointment. The spa will not accept phone call cancellations.
- Failure to cancel your appointment in the cancelation window or same-day cancellations will be charged 50% of the treatment cost. The payment will be automatically charged to your credit card. If payment is a gift card, your gift card will be void and no longer valid.
- No-show appointments, (failure to attend my appointment without notice or communication), will be charged 100% of your treatment cost. The payment will be automatically charged to your credit card. If payment is a gift card, your gift card will be void and no longer valid.
- Online appointments without a credit card on file will be held until 5 pm five (5) days before the scheduled appointment.
As a courtesy, we will do our best to provide a confirmation call or email, however, it is still your personal responsibility, as the client, to honor your scheduled appointment time.
Return Policy: Returns must be made with a receipt within 30 days of purchase. The product must be unopened, unused, in its original packaging.
- Returns after 30 days will not be refunded.
- Please note we do not return any items used for personal hygiene and grooming or anything used on or around the eyes area, e.g. eye mask, eyeliner, mascara, brushes, luffas, exfoliating mitts, brushes, wipes etc.
- We do not refund Gift Cards.
What we are doing to keep you safe: I had conversations with professionals from the Health Protection and Environment Services, Service BC, and WorkSafe BC. They have all ensured me that we are using the most current and best practices possible at Emerald Day Spa.
Things that haven’t changed:
- Hand sanitizer is administered upon the client’s arrival.
- PreEmpt products used for sanitation, disinfection, and sterilization of tools, equipment, surfaces, chairs, treatment tables, light switches, doors, handles, and common areas.
- Common areas and treatment rooms sanitized and disinfected after every client.
- Estheticians and Body Therapists have an extra 15 minutes allotted between clients to thoroughly sanitize and disinfect all contact points.
- Nail files, buffers, and orange wood sticks, (anything that cannot be properly sterilized) are disposed of into the bin.
- Pedicure bowls are sanitized and disinfected after every client.
- All semi-critical and critical instruments, (tools) are sterilized with CS20 sterilant.
- All critical instruments, such as lancets, needles, and blades ARE NEVER REUSED and are disposed into a sharps disposable container.
- Estheticians wearing gloves.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate, (Tanya).
- Chocolates and complimentary tea and Kombucha.
Things that are different:
- Staff have taken a specific COVID-19 educational class, an industry-regulated BeautySafe course, and have updated the PreEmpt sanitation, disinfectant, and sterilization course.
- Staff schedules have been adjusted to accommodate the new protocols.
What we are asking you to do to help us:
- Please arrive 5 minutes early and remain in your car or outside the building until your appointment time.
- No pets in the spa.
- Reschedule your appointment if you are sick.
Thank you all for your ongoing support!
Emerald Day Spa
The provincial government has mandated that all businesses provide five (5) paid sick days on top of our existing unmandated employee benefit package. This adds to all of our provincial inflationary pressure as businesses simply add this additional expense across their price list. As the majority of our employees are paid purely by commission, it would create a circular accounting calculation for Emerald to similarly increase our product and service prices. Thus, we have accounted for this extra expense separately as the BC Employment Health Benefit (BCEHB).
As a small business we are being hit with a lot of invisible costs and in order to keep our business healthy and successful we have decided as a business to pass the credit card charges onto the customer. We understand that this may not be ideal, which is why clients have the choice to pay debit or cash and not be charged the extra fees.